Perugia, Umbria Climate & Temperature
- Perugia, Umbria, Italy is at 43°5'N, 12°30'E, 204 m (669 ft). See map.
- Perugia, Umbria has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Perugia, Umbria is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 13.1 degrees Celsius (55.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.95 °C (32.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 9.4°C (49°F) on average falling to 1.1°C (34°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 17.5°C (63.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 5.8°C (42.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 28.3°C (82.9°F) and average low temperatures are 14.1°C (57.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 19.6°C (67.3°F) during the day and lows of 8.6°C (47.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 816 mm (32.1 inches) which is equivalent to 816 Litres/m² (20.01 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2007 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Perugia, Umbria you would come out nearest to the climate station at Mokairau, Pakarae, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Perugia, Umbria, Italy Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: